professional representation
click here for a free consultation

Centennial Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorneys

When you have a loved one who is unable to properly care or make decisions for themselves where they once used to, it can be a difficult time for you and your family. You may be unsure of what steps you should take to protect them and help them regain their dignity. Guardianships and conservatorships can be excellent tools to help families like yours.

But obtaining a guardianship or conservatorship order in Colorado can be a complicated process, and you may not be sure what to expect. With help from a dedicated Centennial guardianship and conservatorship lawyer at Colorado Estate Matters, Ltd., you can prepare your case and take the necessary action to protect your loved one.

Why Colorado Estate Matters?

During this challenging time in your life, you need a strong legal advocate by your side who can guide you through the process and ensure you have a clear understanding of what to expect should you obtain your guardianship or conservatorship order. Here is why Colorado Estate Matters is the right firm for you:

  • We are offering the ability to schedule virtual appointments upon request
  • Our line of communication is prompt and reliable
  • Your initial consultation is always free
  • We take a client-led approach to our cases
  • Our attorneys genuinely want what’s best for our clients and their families

What is the Difference Between Guardianship and Conservatorship?

When you have a relative or family member who is unable to make decisions for themselves, whether that be medical decisions, financial decisions, or even day-to-day choices, because of a mental incapacity or medical condition, you may have the opportunity to obtain a guardianship or conservatorship order from the court.

These types of orders are not issued lightly. With guardianships, the guardian becomes responsible for all major decisions regarding their charge. This includes their medical decisions, where they will live, and more. But conservatorships are a little different. In addition to the same duties of a guardian, conservators also are responsible for managing the conservatee’s finances as well.

How to Get a Guardianship or Conservatorship in Centennial

If you hope to obtain a guardianship or conservatorship order in the state of Colorado, you need to petition the court. You will need to be prepared to show the court that the incapacitated person in question is, in fact, unable to make the important medical, physical, and financial decisions regarding their health and well-being.

Some of the different types of evidence that might be used to support your case include medical records, statements from physicians, photographs, videos, witness affidavits, expert testimony, financial records, and any other supporting documentation of the incapacitated person’s condition.

This evidence will be presented during a hearing where a judge will determine whether to grant your guardianship or conservatorship petition request. Only after the judge grants your petition will you have the authority to act on behalf of your guardian or conservatee.

Get Help From a Centennial Guardianship and Conservatorship Attorney

If you believe that obtaining a guardianship or conservatorship order may be in your loved one’s best interests, reach out to a reputable guardianship and conservatorship attorney at Colorado Estate Matters, Ltd. for help.  We can help with any issue you may face regarding conservatorship or guardianship, as well as any involving living trusts or estate planning.

When you are ready to get started on your case, contact our office for a no-risk consultation. You can complete our online contact form or call us at (303) 713-9147 to schedule today.

Schedule your free consultation

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.